Thursday, September 06, 2007

Luciano Pavarotti Memorial

It is with great sadness I mourn the passing of Luciano Pavarotti.

I became a fan of Luciano Pavarotti after his appearance on the haunting U2 ode to Bosnia, Miss Sarajevo. It was astounding work:



[Pavarotti]
Dici che il fiume
trova la via al mare
E come il fiume
giungerai a me
Oltre i confini
e le terre assetate
Dici che come fiume
come fiume
L'amore giunger
L'amore
E non so pi pregare
E nell'amore non so pi sperare
E quell'amore non so pi aspettare

[English translation:]

You say that the river
finds the way to the sea
And as the river
you'll come to me
Beyond the borders
and the thirsty lands
You say that as river
As river
Love will come
Love
And I cannot pray anymore
And I cannot hope in love anymore
And I cannot wait for love anymore

You can visit Experience Project's Luciano Pavarotti Memorial here.

No comments: